For those who don’t know me I am a massive book worm. Sadly for the last few years I have not been able to read as much as I would like (well I am reading but textbooks aren’t as fun as most think!). I actually got to read a book today that was non-uni related and I will post more about it tomorrow. Tonight I thought I would share with you some quotes about books that I like! Enjoy.
So I was thinking the other day. Where does everyone blog? As I am writing this I am sitting on my couch watching Sherlock. Normally I blog from my bed before I go to bed. My new place doesn’t have room for my old desk so until I get a new smaller one my computer floats around the house. So again the question… Where do you blog?
For the fallen
With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Solemn the drums thrill: Death august and royal
Sings sorrow up into immortal spheres.
There is music in the midst of desolation
And a glory that shines upon our tears.
They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
They mingle not with their laughing comrades again;
They sit no more at familiar tables at home;
They have no lot in our labour of the day-time;
They sleep beyond England’s foam.
But where our desires are and our hopes profound,
Felt as a well-spring that is hidden from sight,
To the innermost heart of their own land they are known
As the stars are known to the Night;
As the stars that shall be bright when we are dust,
Moving in marches upon the heavenly plain,
As the stars that are starry in the time of our darkness,
To the end, to the end, they remain.
Laurence Binyon (1869–1943)
So lately, I have had a few people try to set me up with other people or had a few people take interest in me. This has made me think about what it is I am looking for in a partner and what characteristic I find ideal. So I made a list. Because you never know, someone might come across this list that fits all the things I am looking for in a partner. So here it is. What I am looking for in my ideal partner.
- Dark or red hair
- Eyes that can tell a story
- A smile that can light up a room
- Taller than 5’6
- Slim or average build
- Strong but not too many muscles
- Hands that fit with mine
- Must like kids
- Is kind, likes animals and is nice to waiters or those who serve us
- Can smile even through the hard times
- Funny, a little sarcastic and can make fun of themselves but not in a way that is putting themselves down
- Knows how to be serious but is also a big kid at heart
- Is not afraid to cry
- Doesn’t resist change or at least understands that it happens whether we like it or not
- Well read. Must love reading and not just the same books but a wide range
- Intelligent. Not super smart but have a broad knowledge or understanding of things or at the very least have heard of them
- Must want children of their own
- Must have a job that they enjoy doing. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t pay well as long as they enjoy what they are doing
- Prefers pubs over clubs or just drinks at a friend’s place
- Both an indoor and outdoor person. Is just as happy having a day time adventure or sitting at home watching movies
- Doesn’t take longer in the bathroom than me
- Family man. Family must be important to them
These things are negotiable. They would be nice but I can live without them.
- Good shag
- Good cook
- Similar music tastes
- Dresses nicely
So there you have it. My list. If you know anyone who fits it, please send him my way. I feel some days that I am going to be a crazy old cat person and would like to think and hope that someday I will find the right person for me!
So once again I am late to the party. I found firefly 10 years after it had finished and now 4 years after the first episode has aired I find this AWESOME gem. I have never really been one for mystery type shows or movies. The have never been my sort of thing. BUT.. This show has changed that. Sherlock is a brilliant piece of work my the guys who bring you Dr Who. They have done the best job at bringing the show to light and setting it in the modern era. Not to mention the perfect cast. Benedict Cumberbatch does a freaking brilliant job as Sherlock and Martin is the perfect John. I have watched the 2 seasons way too many times already. But that is how brilliant it is. Have I mentioned what an awesome job Benedict does?!? So I am now hanging for season 3 to come out. The US has their air date already and I am hoping it gets shown on free to air tv here in Australia but I am not holding my breath and will just have to wait so that I can stream it online. Bring on January 19th! Can’t wait for my next Sherlock and John fix. You have to check this show out if you haven’t already. But hands off Benedict! (I’ll write another post about that one soon!)